Pancake Bay and surrounding fishing and other attractions

huzzsaba

I have booked a campsite at pancake bay Provincial Park this July. I am really looking forward to this trip and hope to get some fishing done. Any suggestions on lakes in the area for fishing? I read that Batchwana River may hold some fish and possibly some trout. There are other lakes in the area, and I'm pretty sure there are fish, but would rather go where somewhere that is known to hold fish. I will mainly be fishing from shore.

If there are other places worth visiting in the area, please do let me know. its a good 10 hour drive so would like to see as much as possible during our visit.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Quick question, if I find a spot, is it ok to park the car on the shoulder and go down to the water since there will be no parking lot near these spots? I have seen cars parked on the shoulders all the time near creeks and rivers, but was always unsure if it is a violation.

Edited by huzzsaba

Joey tier is correct. Just about every river from the sault to wawa and beyond will be holding fish. there is always parking along side the rivers some more sketchy then others for getting stuck. There are also lakes along side of the highway in the lake superior provincial park past pancake. Now if you were to bring a boat/canoe there are some good inland lakes in the area but aren't very fishable from shore. The trails in can also be sketchy and not very car friendly.

You have picked an awsome spot for a vacation! Like worm dangler said a lot of the rivers will hold fish although July isn't the ideal time. There are some popular spots along the highway that provide parking but you can park on the shoulder if you would like to explore too. Send me a Pm if you would like and I can point you in the right direction.

Hmmm not so much there for the trout. That's more up stream. Bass and Pike should be around tho. Never know what you will get at the mouth.... Check the regs if you plan on keeping some brookies. The superior tribs north have a 22" slot for the most part. Nothing can be kept under.

Just a heads up

TDunn