Dinks o' the Day NF

Dave Bailey

Got dinged in a parking lot last month by a guy who didn't look before backing out of his space (Should have backed IN), so I immediately bought myself a dash-cam in case I ever need verification of a transgression. Here's a couple of dinks who came through my sights. First is from a few weeks ago, Whites Road at the 401. Both videos are available at 720P:

And another one from yesterday afternoon, Sheppard Ave. in Scarborough:

Good news about the ding though; the guy was not only apologetic, but was very gentlemanly about the whole thing. Once we had established a body shop for the repairs, he deposited cash with them for the full amount, plus a little extra for my gas getting out there and back with my wife's car to drop it off and pick it up. Yes, there are still such people in this world. :)

Sounds like there are still responsible people around, nice to know. If I have to drive in T.O. I do not take the Altima to save gas I take my Silverado 4X4, I feel a bit safer in it. I grew up in crazy one way Hamilton and drove in TO regularly, after moving out into the sticks I cringe when I have to drive in Cayuga pop. 355. People in the country drive as bad as in the city, just less of them. A fender bender at 90K is bad, really bad. Come to think of it, the majority of folks have no idea how to drive.

lots of sketchy drivers out there, at least no one was injured in your videos

just curious what camera you're using?

I was looking at one at Costco the other day, kind of wish I bought it for a roadtrip, lots of crazy stuff happened, would've been great footage

Something called a Papago, cost me $107 after tax, including a 16mb MicroSD card. The mount is a suction cup, and the attachment of the camera to it is maddeningly tight, tough to get on and off, but it works. Has to be plugged in to work, the internal power supply only lasts long enough to turn it off when it's unplugged.

14123052232_404e10296e_z.jpg