Family day team effort - Simcoe

icefisherman

After quick recovery from Saturday punishment today was a breeze. Friend gave me and the boys ride on his snowmobile and what a difference it makes when you travel as a human to your spot instead of barely get there all exhausted. Even the -32 degrees didn't scare us. Coldest ever fishing day for me. We were counting on two heaters and two huts.

For some reason the Mr. Heater I bought from a guy in Barrie couple weeks ago didn't want to start in the morning. Tried it over 100 times...in the beginning the pilot light was coming up but didn't want to fire up after that...when trying to light it up on low the pilot kept extinguishing....later on even the pilot didn't want to start... if anyone knows if those things can be repaired please let me know how to fix it...otherwise will need to go in the garbage. Paid $70 for it and only lasted 2 trips...... not happy with it...who knows why the guy sold it to me...

The other heater in my buddy's hut worked fine so kids were kept comfy all morning. In the meantime I kept moving around drilling holes and barely marking any fish...the kids/buddy's hut though was marking from time to time...and slowly started getting them on the ice...Eventually I gave up on my scouting operation and went in their hut to warm up and get few whities myself. Had to work very hard for the last fish but eventually ended up with 4 limits and about 10 other bumps we missed. Toughest bite I had on the ice this season. We really had to work for them...only singles showing up and not always biting...well not every day is the same...Meegs again did all the damage but had to really fines the presentation, change tubes, lure size etc.

Kids were happy, reeled in some fish was nice and sunny and even warmed up to about -15 when living.

Not a bad way to spend family day....

Whities are in the brine waiting for the smoker in next couple days weather permitting.

Few shots from the day:

20150216_102234_resized_zpsu1vr55qq.jpg

20150216_124237_resized_zpshrmhkyn0.jpg

20150216_125443_resized_zpsfnohowli.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I enjoy all of your reports as of late. I'm excitted to see the Meegs i picked up at the fishing show work

are you on a team for he tournament this year? if not you could save a team with all these white fish you are catching if you aren't on a team you are more then welcome on team 6 lol

Edited by DynamicBear

I enjoy all of your reports as of late. I'm excitted to see the Meegs i picked up at the fishing show work

are you on a team for he tournament this year? if not you could save a team with all these white fish you are catching if you aren't on a team you are more then welcome on team 6 lol

DB,

not too sure how the team structure thing works and I am definitely not on any team.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman