Lowrance Elite-4 HDI Gold

Jon

I am considering purchasing this unit to replace my existing x67c ice machine. I like the GPS, included Navionics mapping and down scan on the Elite-4 but I'm not sure how this unit would work for ice fishing. I see there is a flasher option for the Elite-4 so that gives me some comfort that it should be good on the ice. Any experience or thoughts on the unit in general or how it would work on the ice are welcome (e.g. would I need an ice-ducer or can I get by with the original transducer).

Thanks in advance,

Jon

I purchased the Lowrance Elite 4 Ice Machine a few months ago bud. Your going to have to buy another transducer. I think they go around $50, but I might be wrong on that. Works great and seen fish on it, but nothing has hit it yet. I'm going to use mine with my boat so I'm going to have to grab another transducer for that. Good luck

just spent months of research on this topic and I was all over the map with these and I went over board and bought the Humminbird 899

be careful with the down imaging, you are only seeing 8 feet of the bottom in 8 in 30 feet of water

look into side imaging so you get a real view