Deep Bay area of Georgian Bay (near Inverlochy)

fisher

Considering renting a private cottage in Deep Bay area of Georgian Bay. Actually the cottage is within a smaller bay in the area called Alves Bay (furthest east bay in the Deep Bay area).

Accoridng to the cottage owbners (new last year), the closest marina is 10 km away in Inverlochy. Was wondering if anyone knew of a closer launch to the Alves Bay area than Inverlochy.

Also, more importantly, how's the fishing in the area in early August? What can I expect to catch and what might work/not work?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

early august, id be targeting smallies and lakers in that area.

By that time of year the big pike and pickerels have all moved out to the big water. You can catch smaller pike in the weeds, but the smallie action will be where its at.

Head into Parry sound harbour and chase lakers, there is lots of them.

Sorry but i dont really know anything about deep bay specifically. I fish for lakers in the big sound itself.

I personally have always downrigged, but others will tell you they have had success jigging. I personally see lots of people doing both.

Also note that the fishing restrictions in that area are strict. 1 line only per angler and a possession limit of 1 small laker.

Not sure what kind of boat you are driving but it might be a bit far to rip in a tinner. Also note that depending on the weather, even the big sound can get pretty choppy. Ive seen 5-6 footers many times.

use a sonar if you are planning on finding them.

Edited by AKRISONER