Arizona - Phoenix or Scottsdale

FLEX ROD

Hi Folks, looking at going to Arizona and planning on staying for one month.

I will be going down probably around February 10th or so and looking at the prices Scottsdale seems to be a fair bit more expensive so I am not sure it is worth paying the difference?

I will be driving down and the wife and daughter will fly down and my daughter will only stay for a week and then fly back the wife will stay and then we will drive back.

Any suggestions on which location and / or any suggestions on where to stay?

Also anybody have a place they rent out?

Thanks,

FLEX - John

I can tell you from my experience that Scottsdale is a very expensive bedroom community with not much going on but golf. 50 courses in a low population community. I really didn't know it was a tourist destination except for golf. not much to do but visit the desert and a few bars and restaurants that can be very pricey. Only been once golfing, people that live there think and act like they live in L.A. one local I golfed with told us. Real Hoity toity.

Phoenix, Scottsdale and Mesa is all just one big urban sprawl with no real division. I'm guessing Scottsdale would be the nicer, classier neighborhood since it has higher prices.

It depends on what you like to do, but I thought the Sedona area was the most scenic with lots of hiking trails. I'm guessing it's expensive though.

I love the desert. It seems so foreign to anywhere I've been in Canada.

Edited by chris.brock