Trail riding and Rainbow report

muskymatt

My buddy Jean Marc and I hit the trails yesterday for some sledding and fishing. On the map was a little lake up Calabogie way. Calabogie is a little town west of Ottawa that has hundreds of lakes dotted around it, most are very active in stocking trout. Lots of trails to ride to get into the lakes.

We are finally fully mobile and can reach all these back lakes now! I say finally because we have been going for years without sleds and the really good lakes were too much work walking and towing a Frabil hut into.

The lake we hit yesterday was able to be reached by truck with 4x4 but only if the snow levels were low, now it's no problem.

Our set up

20150131_121410.jpg

20150131_121332 - Copy.jpg

The stocked little guys were hungry but this time out we couldn't get the big ones to bite

20150131_122718.jpg

We moved around the lake 3 times to try and get the bit ones but they were not cooperative. Here is one from last week and normally what we get.

10942334_382493015263090_8957765247769457766_n.jpg

Your safari is pink! Lol not making fun just never seen one before that colour.

A day like that is a great time regardless of fish caught!

That's "Crazy pink", But the track has shark teeth for grip and the exhaust shoots lightning bolts.... ;)

Just kidding, yeah, my sled is purple with a pink strip. I'm ok with that because it runs like a top and other than the seat, it's in awesome condition. :clapping:

I'm happy as long as it's not Laff blue :whistling:

From what I've heard, the pink was brought in for the ladies but with what I paid for it, I can live with that.