Keep Your Lights On(NF)

Parnelly

Back in the mid 80's I had a 1971 Torino GT that I bought and was fixing up.

​I got the new engine in and got it all certified, plated and insured and hit the road for my first cruise in the new jalopy.

I was cruising the Lakeshore in Mississauga when I spot red lights in the rear view.

@#$!!@$%^^^&&%!!!!

I pull over by the Satellite drive in and get all my paperwork ready.

The officer walks up to my window and I asked the officer what I had done wrong? I said I know I wasn't speeding and didn't run any lights.

He said you did nothing wrong, I just wanted to check out your ride, It's Sweet!!!!! :D

We spent about 15 mins shooting the breeze and talking cars before getting on our way.

Issue is 312.. your insurance company doesn't care if it's points or not. 3 "infractions" and you get dropped like a stone.. refused coverage and then moved to another company to keep them from full filling the governments regulation that a company can't raise you more than 20% on premiums after 3 infractions. Instead they just drop you... then pass you on to a "sister" division at triple the rate.. ask my wife how that works.. LOL.

As noted a lot earlier in this post... I was through Peterborough that morning.. entered about 7:45.. left about 10:45.. Lights ON! Although at the time of infraction...and the pictures of the OP.. he shouldn't have been ticketed.

It's not always headlights for oncoming... many times it's no tail lights and you could drive right into the back of someone. It certainly wasn't anywhere near that bad on Saturday!

To your first point: just happened to me a month ago. 4 minor speeding tickets , no points, $50 each ticket. Insurance dropped me and my rates are triple.

I just requested a company vehicle instead. No way I'm paying those ridiculous rates when, for $60 per year my original insurer would cover an at fault accident that could potentially cost a million dollars. Pure none sense

Don't take the coverage off your vehicle RC... tell them you are parking it and want fire and theft only. That way your coverage has never lapsed and when the first 2 infractions are "too old" they will then reinstate you back as you were, or closer to it.

Sorry folks, I wasnt trying to turn this into a debate on driving etiquette, or ethics. Simply a warning on what the "flavor of the month" was here in Ptbo.

I will not debate at this point weather I was in the right or wrong until that has been decided by the courts.

We all have had run in's with good and bad officers. God bless the good guys. We all appreciate them when we need them and by chance we meet them.

To your first point: just happened to me a month ago. 4 minor speeding tickets , no points, $50 each ticket. Insurance dropped me and my rates are triple.

I just requested a company vehicle instead. No way I'm paying those ridiculous rates when, for $60 per year my original insurer would cover an at fault accident that could potentially cost a million dollars. Pure none sense

Get back at 'em by bumping up the reserve on your losses for that insurer.... :devil::devil: