Need help with a Roku Streaming stick . NF

davey buoy

i wouldnt hesitate to buy used on kijii if you are looking to save a few dollars. some guys must have the latest and greatest and upgrade all the time. if you arent one of those guys you can find a decent deal.

show us a pic of how the speakers are connected at the source.. you said earlier that you only have one wire going from the receiver to the sub then the signal gets split out to each speaker at the sub? that's a little unusual and the bad news is you may or may not need speakers too.

show us a pic of how the speakers are connected at the source.. you said earlier that you only have one wire going from the receiver to the sub then the signal gets split out to each speaker at the sub? that's a little unusual and the bad news is you may or may not need speakers too.

Without pulling everything out again Raf,it's a powered sub woofer,with a cable looking somewhat like a flat ,1" wide plug that goes to the back of the receiver. On the back of the sub there are 5 sets of speaker wire connectors.Strip the wire and push them in. Push on the clip to pull out.Standard speaker wire connectors I believe.5 sets,giving you the 5.1.Definitely not a hdmi plug.

Edited by davey buoy

Without pulling everything out again Raf,it's a powered sub woofer,with a cable looking somewhat like a flat ,1" wide plug that goes to the back of the receiver. On the back of the sub there are 5 sets of speaker wire connectors.Strip the wire and push them in. Push on the clip to pull out.Standard speaker wire connectors I believe.5 sets,giving you the 5.1.Definitely not a hdmi plug.

sounds like your speakers will work provided they are the correct impedance. most receivers can accept speaker of 6-16 ohm impedance. your sub won't and you'll need a new one.

Found my better sub,model Technics SB-AS40.In this picture shows RCA cables from Receiver's sub woofers out.Input to sub.Think this will work.?. Thanks again guys,this worked well with my Harmon Kardon system a while back.IMG_20150112_152902_zps114cbef6.jpg

I still know I need a receiver,but if this can work,will save me half the price.It used to pound pretty good I must say.Hope to hear from you guys soon.Thanks.

I don't see a sub out rca in the pics you posted earlier....unless it was on side not shown in your pic....

I'm buying a new 5.1 or better receiver.Forget about the old pics as I have determined it's time to upgrade.The last picture today was to find out if the newer receivers have sub woofer out rca hook ups to work with the sub I posted a little while ago.Thanks

ya that sub will work with any newish receiver you will buy. most receivers will have 'only' one channel out for the sub so you'll hook up to either the left or right input on the sub -- shouldn't matter which one.

Edited by Raf

Went to get the Denon as recommended.No stock,went home decides ok I'll order it ,back up I go.Out of stock,sold last one while I was gone as I did not know when I was in there earlier.

Raised a bit of a stink,not much really lol and they gave me the Pioneer VSX-524-K . In stock,saved about $150 bucks on that one which they matched with the Denon.Set up,works really well all around.The HDMI connections sure make thing easy.One more HDMI cord and I will change my dvd set up as well.No Rca jacks except for the sub.140 watts x 5,has a good punch as well.Thanks guys,glad I upgraded ,had to be done at some point soon. :)