hitches

ilario

Hi gang:

I'm going to be need a new hitch... I'm in Vaughan (yes, hometown of Bass Pro). Any recommendations on decent hitches? It will be installed onto a 4 cyl car (Toyota)... I've heard of Hidden Hitch (i think I had that on my Pathfinder a few years ago??). Any dealerships in this area - I'm willing to drive a bit...

Anyhow, a friend will be installing it so I just need to buy it. I hear CTC/Wal Mart sell them but I went to see and I didn't find any on the shelves...and trying to find someone there to help you can be challenging. Does Bass Pro sell them?

Thanks in advance....

PP

Hitch city Uhaul etc pretty much any larger shop in the yellow pages can sell it to you. A personal experience I had a friend who had his hitch installed by a buddy, who knoew what he was doing ??? Long story short, the hitch came off the boat flipped and so did his car. A decent hitch wont run more then 4 bills personal opinion here but its a small price to pay. Welcome to boating and remember boating means

B>O>A>T or bring out another thousand

Hitch city Uhaul etc pretty much any larger shop in the yellow pages can sell it to you. A personal experience I had a friend who had his hitch installed by a buddy, who knoew what he was doing ??? Long story short, the hitch came off the boat flipped and so did his car. A decent hitch wont run more then 4 bills personal opinion here but its a small price to pay. Welcome to boating and remember boating means

he's got crazy glue...

Welcome to boating and remember boating means

Yep...only one thing is more expensive than airplanes and that's watercraft. Just drop by any marina on the Georgian Bay waterfront to find out just how expensive.

Robert...I get all my hitches done at the local windshield replacement/truck "dress up" center (Huronia Auto Glass). About as cheap as it gets up here in Midland.

I just got my reese trailer hitch from canadian tire about 2 weeks ago. I think there on sale this week 15% off. Total cost for the hitch, ball and wiring was around $220.

that's funny, CTC didn't have any when i went...

i'll check again - which one did u go to?

Guest lundboy

Yep here's a place close to you....

King City Trailers Limited

1161 King Rd

King City , ON L7B 1K5

(905) 773 4260

It's not that much more to have them install it and you know it will be done right. (Call and make an appointment so that you don't go there and find they are all booked for the day.)

If you want to install it yourself, just tell them the make and model/year they can match up the right hitch and see if its in stock.

Always have had great service from these guys. They have installed hitches on my last 4 vehicles.

(you only need a class 1 hitch on a small car, since it won't pull or stop much over 900lbs...)

Edited by lundboy

Yep here's a place close to you....

King City Trailers Limited

1161 King Rd

King City , ON L7B 1K5

(905) 773 4260

It's not that much more to have them install it and you know it will be done right. (Call and make an appointment so that you don't go there and find they are all booked for the day.)

If you want to install it yourself, just tell them the make and model/year they can match up the right hitch and see if its in stock.

Always have had great service from these guys. They have installed hitches on my last 4 vehicles.

(you only need a class 1 hitch on a small car, since it won't pull or stop much over 900lbs...)

thanks! i atually called these guys this morning... they were booked solid for the day and will ahve to order the parts..

I will certainly consider them...

he's also a millwright with 17 years experience!! ...i think he can do it!

lol

2004 Toyota Corolla re: trailer hitch

the only hitches available for your model are class 1 hitches

REESE # 77036 @ 149.99

DRAW TITE # 24723 @ 145.99 **** 15 in stock @ KEYSTONE

PUTNAM # 55191 @ 159.99

HIDDEN HITCH # 60964 @ 169.99

i reccomend finding a location Benson Auto Parts [auto parts Extra] or NAPA

or anybody else that sells Keystone products[ it's kinda like a Sears catalogue for guys]

they will be able to give you these prices.

Draw Tite is available in 2 days from point of order.

most retailers will not charge you shipping.

please add about 25.00$ for your receiver [flat bar] and your pin and ball.

I hope this helped.

Muskieman.

part# for drawbar from Draw tite is # 3593 //6 5/8 long with a 2 1/8 rise ,pin included

for 28.99$ you'll need a ball for around 10.00$.

here's the tricky part, imports have a 5 wire set up for brakes and signals so you have to buy a converter. i can not seem to find a direct fit T-Connector for your car so it might cost a little more

time for the wiring , this converter converts a 5 wire set up to a 4 wire flat.

it is available at any autoparts place for about 15.00$ . and then get some tape heat shrink and a 5 foot roll of trailer wire and go nuts it isn't a hard job it'll just take a little longer i figure it should be

a 6 BEER job.

good luck

Muskieman

Thankss so much Muskieman... i am going to absorb this info then go over with my friend...We do have a Napa down the road... I will pay them a visit this week...

I'll let you know if there's anything else...

most people's 6 is my 12! ;)