Donate Fishing Related Items for the Holidays

mattaw

Hey all,

It's that time of year, and the holiday season is almost upon us. I take this time to do a cleanout of stuff I don't need, and try to give back to those that need it most. I have a few fishing related items that I could part with, that I'm sure someone would really appreciate (older rods/reels and the like). The only issue, I have no clue where to bring them or where they'll do the most good. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have a youth/family fishing derby on family day if youd like to donate.

its an awesome event but this will only be the second year. Its held in honor of my good friend that passed, he was a drug and alcohol worker

last year was awesome! all prizes for the derby went to youth! the winner of the derby was 13, she went home with $1300, first fish, biggest fish, and second as well, also a youth angler award.

if you dont find a place for it, send it to me and ill make sure it lands in the hands of a youth angler:)

Edited by manitoubass2

For sure, it's a RH baitcaster and a older crucial, along with a few other things, that I had lying around the house from years ago. I'm in Toronto though, so not sure how I'd get it to you. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to send it to anywhere it would do good.

Edited by mattaw

For sure, it's a RH baitcaster and a older crucial, along with a few other things, that I had lying around the house from years ago. I'm in Toronto though, so not sure how I'd get it to you. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to send it to anywhere it would do good.

if your game I can pay shipping. I like to give items like these to families that cant afford their own gear.

my even is long away though(family day) but any donations are obviously welcome:) id send you pics of the winner too.

im donating alot of my own gear this year as well. we gotta get kids and families fishing!

if your game I can pay shipping. I like to give items like these to families that cant afford their own gear.

my even is long away though(family day) but any donations are obviously welcome:) id send you pics of the winner too.

im donating alot of my own gear this year as well. we gotta get kids and families fishing!

Works for me (purpose achieved even if the time frame is a bit longer). I have a few rod tubes lying around. I'll send you a PM and we'll figure it out. Glad it will go to someone who will enjoy it, and help those less fortunate.

Edited by mattaw

Also, not to take away from manitoubass2's function but I have also had a very good response from Big Brothers, Big Sisters, and the Boy's and Girl's Club when it comes to donating stuff.

no issue big cliff, we wanna get families and kids fishing everywhere!

plus if you can donate locally I think that a good call too!

Edited by manitoubass2

no issue big cliff, we wanna get families and kids fishing everywhere!

plus if you can donate locally I think that a good call too!

I'm going to send it up to manitoubass2 if the shipping isn't too crazy (where cost outweighs the result), if I can't, I'll look into those other great ideas! Thanks guys

If there was enough stuff available from the GTA to make it worth while and it could be aranged so I could get it all as a planed route, I would consider donating a day of my time + fuel to round it all up and deliver it to a local UPS Store for shipping.

Edited by Big Cliff