crazy on the roads tonight.

Entropy

Thanks again to my employer for the First Aid and CPR training. I put it to use again tonight.
Also, if you are north of "The Ridges" stay home.

There are more than a few vehicles in the ditch upside down, and lots of ice on the roads in the open sections.
Wal-Mart Chinese winter tires performed very well again this eve. LOL

Buy the way, where can I pick up a few more road flares at a reasonable price?

Be safe,

Entropy

fire crews were putting them out. I had to shake my head at where one fireguy put one ..... no no, you need one way around the blind curve in the road ... Let people know to slow down before they start skidding into the scene. Tossed me a couple to run around the corner, ... common sense, eh.

Sadly lives are lost every year on the curves I drive, ... and to think the region just re-constructed one this summer to make it safer.

Edited by Entropy

It seems that each seasons first "snow shock" (the shock and surprise folks in snowy climates exhibit when the first snow hits each season...) is creeping further north each year. It's sad to see, especially when you consider how many lives are put at risk by folks who are just plain ignorant to the skills they need to drive in winter weather. I'm used to seeing folks react as if it's the first time they've seen snow here in the city, that's a given every year. Get a dusting and it's mayhem! LOL

The region rebuilt one set of these curves, and now the ditches are a lot deeper. Before cars would skid gently off into the shallow ditch, or off into the corn. From what I saw last night, now the front right corner of the car is catching the far side of the ditch and flipping them. So many ditches have been dug down deep over the last few years, I understand drainage is good, but things seemed to drain well before?

Maybe someone's 'friend' needs some free fill?

Entropy