NF.. Hunting in BC a funny part of the regs

jedimaster

I found it funny to read this..

EAR TAGS AND COLLARS4
Please DO NOt aVOiD hunting animals with ear tags or collars, unless specified under regional sections in the synopsis. this will ensure that biologists acquire accurate data on mortality rates. if you kill a marked animal, please contact your local Ministry office with the number on the ear tag or collar because the meat may not be safe to eat if immobilization drugs were used. ear tags and collars must be returned to the Ministry office.

I mean so what they are saying is that if I see a deer that's been tagged, I should shoot it, use my tag, dress it, haul it out of the bush as most of the hunting area is out of cell range... then report it, wait for them to get back to me to tell me I can't eat it? Well. I will certainly be sure to not avoid hunting tagged animals. not

lol that is a good one...they also put out bulletins requesting you not to shoot radio collared animals

generally they will tell you to not consume the meat if it was tranq'ed within the past 12 months...but unless they are tagging trophy animals (wouldn't suspect that to be the case) I don't think most people would shoot a tagged animal, I've seen a few radio collared does, friends have seen tagged moose, no tags cut