The Reality Of Gas Prices (NF)

solopaddler

I sat here last year and stated that no matter what gas cost I was going to get my trips in. Well after last weeks trip I may have to rethink this matter, stopped for gas in Vermillion Bay and I had close to a quarter tank of gas left,(24gallon tank) filled up .....$95.00, went in to pay and handed the girl a $100.00 and she asked my how much I got and I said $95.00 and even she was shocked.

Saw gas for as cheap (LOL) as $3.06 a gallon all the way up to $1.24 a liter, needless to say besides my outfitters fee gas was the biggest expense for my trip.

Not complaining because it was worth it just thought I share some info for those about to imbark.

Whopper

Edited by Whopper

I sat here last year and stated that no matter what gas cost I was going to get my trips in. Well after last weeks trip I may have to rethink this matter, stopped for gas in Vermillion Bay and I had close to a quarter tank of gas left filled up .....$95.00, went in to pay and handed the girl a $100.00 and she asked my how much I got and I said $95.00 and even she was shocked.

Saw gas for as cheap (LOL) as $3.06 a gallon all the way up to $1.24 a liter, needless to say besides my outfitters fee gas was the biggest expense for my trip.

Not complaining because it was worth it just thought I share some onfo for those about to imbark.

Whopper

Yep, with the northern Ontario outfitters customer base being 80-90% American, I'm positive they're going to see a reduction in visitors.

They're going to feel the squeeze as I'm sure there's going to be a lot of people opting to spend their money at home.....

Well lets see.Do you let the thieven,low down monkey ball scatchers,throw thier mama from a high rise dude,n govermint people control my ways,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Kinda,but the hell with them. Take my money, go ahead. Hell you can kiss my royal white honky ass.

Now that that has been said,I will spend proby 200 bucks in fuel this weekend. Trucks on empty,boat needs 80 litres for a pike tourney this weekend.Then both the truck and the boat will need to be topped up again another 150 or so. Now this will be a hit to the pocket,but acouple of days on the water with my pop and friends,it will be all worth it.

Anyone that wants to go fishing the upcoming weekends,everything is 50/50. :worthy::dunno::Gonefishing::wallbash::wallbash:

Well lets see.Do you let the thieven,low down monkey ball scatchers,throw thier mama from a high rise dude,n govermint people control my ways,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Kinda,but the hell with them. Take my money, go ahead. Hell you can kiss my royal white honky ass.

:lol: You've got a real way with words bud! You cut right through the Bull and got to the heart of the matter (in a redneck kinda way :D ).

Last week I rented a truck ( 25oo series Diesel) for a trip to Ottawa and back

Got home topped up at $95

Stopped to by gas for my van on the way back from the rental co $45

Got home Hooked up boat to the Honda , you guessed it ,Honda was empty $70 plus $23 to top up the boat.

At least we caught some fish ... some very expensive fish

TB