Worth the drive to Wildwood or....

Can_38

Trying to accommodate a friend and have semi agreed to meet and fish the Wildwood reservoir in St.Marys. Not exactly my first choice but if any members can provide any feedback or alternate suggestions within a hour drive of London I would appreciate it.

I am not sure of your situation (what fish you want to target or size of boat you have if any) but I'd suggest you go perch fishing out of Port Bruce. An hour drive and you are likely fishing within another 30 mins more (providing you have the right gear - boat, setup).

1.5 hours you are at launch in Long Point inner bay else likely Lake St. Clair.

Wildwood just isn't worth the $25 entry fee for me to fishing such a pressured body of water and typically large amount of boat traffic if its a nice day.

If you do go to Wildwood, pike and bass are in there. Work for them. I docked there for 3 years when I first became a boat owner. My relic boat at the time and unseasoned boating skills matched well for the water. :)

Hopefully this is helpful. Tight lines and fair winds.

I am not sure of your situation (what fish you want to target or size of boat you have if any) but I'd suggest you go perch fishing out of Port Bruce. An hour drive and you are likely fishing within another 30 mins more (providing you have the right gear - boat, setup).

1.5 hours you are at launch in Long Point inner bay else likely Lake St. Clair.

Wildwood just isn't worth the $25 entry fee for me to fishing such a pressured body of water and typically large amount of boat traffic if its a nice day.

If you do go to Wildwood, pike and bass are in there. Work for them. I docked there for 3 years when I first became a boat owner. My relic boat at the time and unseasoned boating skills matched well for the water. :)

Hopefully this is helpful. Tight lines and fair winds.

Launching my 16' Legend SC and prefer to target SMB and LMB with the odd accidental Pike. Wishful thinking the water will not be over busy mid / late September.

If it were a good weather day when you plan to go and you went to Long Point, you just might always go there in the future. :)

If you only have a few hours to get away, Wildwood is certainly an option.

Whatever you choose, it would be great to hear how you make out. We like pictures and whooper of a fishing story. True or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Tough morning with not a single nibble between 6:45 and noon. Finally found some rock structure and landed 7 LMB and SMB in the 2-3lb range. Persistence paid off once again :)

Good company, conversation and finally fish.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Need to reduce file size on a few more pics.

LMB_Wildwood2.jpg