Water proof pant recommendation ?

mattybculp

Hello all, heading up to lady evelyn in a week and a half and the weather is supposed to be cool. Anyways I'm stopping in at sail this Saturday to pick up a little terminal tackle but wanted to pick up a pair of decent waterproof pants or overall style pants. I'm looking at a budget of about 100-120 bucks. I mostly will be using them as a spring and fall pant. Your suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks for your input.

i bought a pair of columbia omni tech hiking pants a few years back for that price on sale and cant complain. Waterproof,breathable,not to heavy and durable,plus velcro cuffs on ankles and large pockets.

On a side note if you know anyone that works for Canada Post,they issue some nice gortex pants to the letter carriers and alot of them don't even bother wearing them.

Just a thought. Mountain equipment offers great gear, some at a better price than what you are looking to spend. I use their brand, the mec hydrofoil. While they're not gortex or anything fancy, I've stayed dry on numerous fishing and canoeing trips. They don't breathe but have zippered vents the entire length of both legs that manage to keep moisture from building up on the inside. If I have any issue with them it's that wearing only boxers under them can be chilly.

Bill

I personally just wear cabellas private label hunting rain gear. stuff is durable as hell, has all the pockets yould could ever need and the boot strap system in them is bar none. Throw them on with a pair of rubber boots done deal. Ive fished in complete downpours, was cool comfortable and dry.

I personally just wear cabellas private label hunting rain gear. stuff is durable as hell, has all the pockets yould could ever need and the boot strap system in them is bar none. Throw them on with a pair of rubber boots done deal. Ive fished in complete downpours, was cool comfortable and dry.

Hard to beat Cabela's rainwear for price/quality. Their Dry Wear Tourney Trail series is an exceptional product(s) and priced reasonably.

Edited by wall i