Mercury Outboard Mechanic

4x4bassin

Well my trusty 8 hp Merc. finally started to have problems on my last trip . It is about time really considering the bouncing around

it takes going down the trails over the last 10 years . She doesn't owe me anything !!!

Anyways , I have fuel coming out the carb and I would assume it would be a float issue but not sure . Funny thing is , is that it runs

perfect except when I idle right down . It feels like it wants to choke out as well there is a small amount of fuel leaking out the carb

as previously noted . I am going to fire it up today and let it run a bit to see if it there is still a problem , maybe the ride out on my last

trip jarred something in the carb and somehow no more problem (doubt it though)

If all else fails , does anyone know of a good outboard mechanic in the Barrie area that could help me out .

Thanks

All fixed I hope . Started it up in the driveway and ran some seafoam through it as well as tapping the bowl . Ran great after awhile but still noticed

fuel leaking out of engine . Did some investigating and noticed a fuel line at the bottom of the carb. had a pin hole leak , cut it out and replaced back on carb

and bingo . Good as new :D Thanks for the help guys , good for another ten years !

All fixed I hope . Started it up in the driveway and ran some seafoam through it as well as tapping the bowl . Ran great after awhile but still noticed

fuel leaking out of engine . Did some investigating and noticed a fuel line at the bottom of the carb. had a pin hole leak , cut it out and replaced back on carb

and bingo . Good as new :D Thanks for the help guys , good for another ten years !

Good to hear it ended up as a easy fix.