Grandpa and winning in the bottom of the 10th

kickingfrog

Ryan's Papa had some BPS gift cards that he wasn't going to use so he gave them to Ryan with the intent that he get his very own rod and reel (Ryan has previously been using an old ultra light set-up of mine). With Cabela's right in town now my trips to BPS will be less frequent as well but with the Blue Jay's having discounted tickets for kids under 14 on some Saturdays I figured a 2 for 1 was a good bargain.

The new hat cost more then both of our tickets.

IMAG1396_zps907ec58e.jpg

Good thing for the hat cause we were very close to the sun.

IMAG1401_zps2544633f.jpg

Jays win in the 10th inning after tying the game in the 9th.

Ice Cream after the game

IMAG1402_zpsbb38eba3.jpg

And the purchases. I tried to explain how many lures he could buy if he didn't get the shark pillow but his mind was made up. I guess a five year old has different priorities then an adult.

IMAG1403_zpsc0332a23.jpg

IMAG1406_zps76a36d19.jpg

When I bought the tickets on Tuesday there were only single seats available except for the corners in the 500 level. The $8 ticket for kids was no doubt a big factor. My ticket was $17 and I think that's the cheapest they have. The Dome's current capacity is about 47 thousand down from 51 and change from the early 90's.

Lots of factors at play. Baseball has twice as many games as b-ball/hockey and stadiums that are at least twice as big. The Jays haven't been competitive in the second half of the season very often in the last 20 years. MLB has expanded the play-offs to combat that but still not enough teams are in a race in September and the teams "pay" for it at the gate.

The other huge factor that all sports, not just baseball, now face is the challenge that most of us can get a far better experience at home then in the stadium/arena. Teams/leagues have been slow to adapt to the reality of HD tv, on screen info, pausing live tv and the internet. The Jay's hardly showed any replays during the game and never show a close play for fear of inciting the crowd to boo the umpires (That's a league policy) but even regular plays were hardly ever shown on the giant screen. When the people at home, on the couch, know details that the ticket paying customers aren't allowed to see you've got a problem.

That's not factoring in my 45-60 minute car trip and 25 minute subway ride since that's the same for Leafs and Raptors.

Yes the cost for us up here adds up. When I lived in Etobicoke,,I went to a lot of leaf and jays games. Jump on the under ground and we were there in no time.

Hope Ryan gets a real big fish (bigger then yours) on the new set up.

Shouldnt be hard to do. :tease::D

Yes the cost for us up here adds up. When I lived in Etobicoke,,I went to a lot of leaf and jays games. Jump on the under ground and we were there in no time.

Hope Ryan gets a real big fish (bigger then yours) on the new set up.

Shouldnt be hard to do. :tease::D

I still tie all his leaders and choose what pound test to use for those leaders. :devil:

This was his second Jay game. His first was five years ago and one of The Doc's last games as a Jay.

1916978_140154301069_2669057_n_zpsc6e167