Those big bass are long gone Day 2 of 4

misfish

I had a fellow co-worker ask me to come fishing on a small back lake. When he told me the name,I told him those big bass are gone. But an invite is an invite.

Txt him this morning to double check on hook up time and that I was close. I get,babies sick. No can go. No worries,Im here to fish. Since I was already close to the lake and wasnt going to turn around,I headed to planned lake.

I use to fish this lake 25 years ago or more,out of an old tin canoe. It was a blast back then. 10 years after that,the fishing had depleted big time It still looked sweet,even 15 years later (thats how long it,s been since I have been there). There are a few fancy cottages on it now An added road that surrounds it, and tinnys laying on shore at the access point.. Guess it,s not a back lake anymore..

Talking to an older cottage owner as Im setting up my toon,,he tells me they come and take stringers full. We talked about the hay days. He was surprised I knew the small lake back when. He,s been on the lake since 1970. Family owned.

We continued to talk for about 15 minutes or so as I was setting up. He was commenting on my toon. I told him it was a pontoon. Great for spots like this. He blurts out,you got to be a looney toon to be out on that contraption. Boy,did that bring back a memory of my grandfather.LOL

We shake hands and thank each other for the talk,and I was off and about.

Im playing with video these days to tell my fishing days. I find it more enjoying.

Hope you enjoy.

There are lots of small ones. Lets hope one day,it gets back to the hay days,it once was.

Edited by Misfish