Deep Cycle Battery Help

swahrer

Hey All,

Just pulled the battery out of storage last night and noticed corrosion on the prongs. I tried to clean it off and hook it up to the charger but it seems to be shorting out after 5-10 seconds on charger, does that make sense to anyone?

Any help appreciated.

What do you mean,like it,s shutting down (the charger)? This maybe caused by a bad cell. I had one this year and it did the same thing. It would start to charge then it quit and gave me an error reading that I had a bad cell.

Check the caps while your at it to. If you see lots of black,you have over cooked your battery.

Hope this helps.

It actually seemed like more of a trip. When I put it away last fall, I charged it, so I thought it would still have some charge in it.

So when I connect it the meter starts to rise up will stay for a bit then you hear it spark and it dops back down to 0%. The charger seems to be still running. I hooked up the trolling motor to the battery and it would not even spin a bit.

??

Battery is pouched sir. I charged mine aswell before putting it away and I got the same thing.

I even put it through a cycle where my charger will send pusating charges through the battery to remove any build up on the cores,that didnt even help.

If your lucky your only running a 12 volt motor,if not,well I would suggest buying two new ones,not just one new and have an old one joined to it.

Edited by misfish

you need a new battery man! here's one exide # 27dp700 or 24dp625

you should be able to purchase them for about 89.00$ for the 27

and about 74.00$ for the 24.

dp means dual purpose i reccomend this one.

lotsa cranking amps to start an engine and a great reserve capacity. for your electronics and trolling motors.

i know i sell 'em everyday and use 2 myself.

Good Luck!

:Gonefishing:

All as I run is Interstate... Great warranty... in the Truck also.. and wifes car.. in my last boat Interstate lasted 9 years no problem for cranking 7 years for dry cell for the trolling motor , lights and everything else.. spend a little extra