Help with my Truck Value (trading in or selling)

Steve

I have been looking for a truck over the last 3 weeks and am amazed at what people ask for junk. I would list it on kijiji for $3000 and say your still driving it, then take whatever you feel comfortable with. Doesn't cost anything to list it, so no loss on your part.

If you can get anything over a grand take it. A buddy who is a car dealer once showed me the formula for used cars and heck if I can remember it. Something like the vehicle new then X dollars reduced for every 10K up to 200K, then it drops like mad. Anything over 300K and it's scrap price. Any vehicle/

As fo Haldimand motors which is in Cayuga our closest town with more than 1 stoplight we have bought 6 vehicles there including family members. Yes they have ex rentals as well as fleet cars from a lease. Nary a problem. Wife bought a 2007 Altima there that was a one person owner, 35K on it. They went through that car like a fine tooth comb. New brakes, tires, battery. It had some highway paint chips on the hood and a few door dings from shopping mall idiots. They called the day before the car was to be ready and asked for a few days more because they decided to paint and clear coat the entire car.

Make your own judgement. I bought a brand spanking new Silverado from John Bear and they basically wouldn't give me the time of day after they cashed the cheque, never again. Kick myself for not buying used from Haldimand. They offered me 5K less than what I paid before goof taxes as a trade (got a great deal then) a few weeks back as it only has 40K on it and smells new. I might take them up on it.

Picked up my new truck last night.

Haldimand really stepped up.

They did about 1K in work.

Upon leaving the parking lot, directly to my mechanics I went.

My mechanic said they even put on quality aftermarket parts, rather than cheaper versions.

I'm going to drive it for 2 weeks hard, then back to my mechanic. He'll list anything that requires work, in which Haldimand will review and do for free.

Haldimand is the ones who suggested it.

I can't complain.

I'll get some photo's up soon. On my way to BPS to buy my dad the matching top to his bps rain bibs for his birthday.