Lake Papineau Barry's Bay Area

sclitaco

Hey guys and gals, hoping someone here can give me some insight into this lake. My family as well as my fishing buddy's family have rented side by side cottages on this lake and are headed up there on the 12th. Has anyone here fished the area that can give any past reports or any heads up on what to expect? We are equipped to fish anything!! Not opposed to switch over to any nearby lakes either. We are hoping to at least have a fish fry one evening, and hope to keep three 9yr old boys interested in fishing. Thanks ofner's.

I had a great uncle that owned a small lodge on a Lake Papineau year's ago, like 40-50 years ago, and I was there once. If the same lake it's known for lake trout, brook trout and whitefish. Located in northeast Ontario very near Quebec, I drove past (can't remember the route number) a couple years ago on my way to Lake Dumoine. I also remember in was quite a long trip back to the lake on a gravel road at that time. That's all I remember, but I've tried to find out more about this lake since and there is almost nothing on the internet. BTW, the Papineau lake I'm referring to was off Rt 17 on the south side.

Edited by doubleheader

Doubleheader you are thinking of Papineau lake in Papineau-cameron township, Sclitaco is talking about the one near Barry's Bay/Maple Leaf/Maynooth.

My in-laws live around there so I've done some research on it, but never fished it. It's reported as a lake trout/whitefish lake. Try Davis Pond right beside papineau for Brookies too!

I don't know Papineau, but if you've got the time head over to Wilno which is just east of Barry's Bay and eat at the Wilno Tavern, absolute best Polish food I've ever had.

Wife and I often make the 200 mile round trip just for their food.

Ah the Wilno Hotel, awesome food and the Wednesday night blues night is lots of fun as well. I think its Wednesday's lol

Good to know there's at least one other member of this board that enjoys the finer things in life :lol: