Lake Nipissing Report - Sat, May 26th

BudsFan

Good Morning All,

What a difference a week makes...

With relatively calms wind yesterday evening, myself and a couple of my buds hit the Nip. Unlike last Saturday, last night we couldn't keep 'em off our lines. Went out just before 6 pm and was back in off the water by 9 pm. In that three hours, we probably landed probably about a dozen and a half...half of which were well within the slot size, so back they went. Out of the remainder, we each kept a couple for the frying pan and the rest went back to live another day.

We were fishing with the masses...out in front of the North Bay waterfront. By my estimate, there must have been about 5 or 6 dozen other boats up and down the shoreline...all pulling them in one after the other.

The fishing was so easy, it was almost criminal...drifting from about 15 ft into the 8 ft range...bouncing a worm (or as I prefer...a GULP minnow) off the bottom as we go. Although we were catching lots, we were marking probably 5-6 times more than what were hitting!

We each hooked into a Sheephead, which gave us a nice fight...and made us briefly think we had tied into a walleye that was going to surpass the upper end of the slot size.

Hoping to get out again soon...but it doesn't look like it will be today...the wind is picking up and they're calling for rain.

Until next time...tight lines.

Cheers.

BudsFan

100_0022_small.JPG

100_0023_small.JPG

100_0025_small.JPG

100_0028_small.JPG