Few nice carp from today...

i got out today and met up with dsn (dennision) to do some carp fishing in his area, where hes a carp catching celebrity, lol, im telling you, people talk about him and his fishing skillzz, lol,

anyway, we met around 8am and fished till about 3, in the early going it was quite slow until he brought out out some sweets for them carp, boy did they come in after that, i got 5 smaller ones in 40 mins, he managed 2, but the real treat was later in the day when we both hooked into 20 + pounders, now thats what we were looking for! it put up a great fight, almost spooled me, lesson learned, 5 mins later i see dsn's rod bend over and drap going wild, he landed a beauty,

well here are some pix, and yes i remembered the OFC sign, wohooo!

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

dsn has s few more pix to post later,

what a day! i had a blast fishing with ya!

Edited by urbanangler

picture018.jpg

Congrats on a very sucessful outting. You out fished me. :lol: Glad you had a great time. We'll have to do it again. And start off were we left off at the island. :rolleyes: shhhhhhh :D

picture034.jpg

picture036.jpg

dsn

Edited by dsn

ALEX

Finally a fish.. but you forgot the tape measure... so your fish doesnt count..... HA HA HA

MAYBE NEXT TIME LOL

Call me, I think we are going fishing tomorrow, if you would like to come

Dave

Well done guys! Looks like you hooked into some nice carp there. I like the head on shot!

I failed in my quest to hook a GTA carp today - though I saw plenty of them and saw what must have been a fish of 30+lbs swim past my bait near Hanlans Point at the Islands. Tried worms instead of corn but all I could hook into was the odd OOS largie, so called it a day.

Keep those reports coming UrbanAngler and Dsn. :thumbsup_anim:

We were being stalked by two other fishermen out there. We were pulling carp out like theres no tomorrow. While these two other guys were getting skunked. Urbanangler pulled out 6 fish from the same spot and these guys were watching. One even pretend to see if he could see any fish and came over and stood beside us and never said even "hi". He wantted to see what we were using. Then he goes back to his buddy. Later on when things slowed down Urbanangler and I decided to target bigger fish so we left out spot. Went for a walk. One of the stalkers yelled out... "Where did they go?" We heard them. :lol: After walking for a bit we went back to reclaim our spot. Things slowed down even more. Then we decided to try one of urbananglers locals. Nothing happened there.

So we decided to head back to where we started from. Sure enough those guys took our position. We saw them and decided to try out a secondary spot. We could see them and they could see us across from the lake. They had no action at all. As for urbanangler and I we got into fish again directly infront of those guys who took our chummed spot. This time urbanangler gets a serious hit. It was the biggest carp of the day. Also cleared his spool of line almost. Then seconds later after I help him land his fish.. I get a monster on. And urbanangler helps land my fish.

And all this was happening right is front the those two guys who took our chummed location. Boy did we make them look bad :P . The fish were following us that day. A friend of mine went over and tried to talk to them but he came back and said they were too friendly. :huh: That'll teach them for not being friendly.

dsn

i got out today and met up with dsn (dennision) to do some carp fishing in his area, where hes a carp catching celebrity, lol, im telling you, people talk about him and his fishing skillzz, lol,

anyway, we met around 8am and fished till about 3, in the early going it was quite slow until he brought out out some sweets for them carp, boy did they come in after that, i got 5 smaller ones in 40 mins, he managed 2, but the real treat was later in the day when we both hooked into 20 + pounders, now thats what we were looking for! it put up a great fight, almost spooled me, lesson learned, 5 mins later i see dsn's rod bend over and drap going wild, he landed a beauty,

well here are some pix, and yes i remembered the OFC sign, wohooo!

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

dsn has s few more pix to post later,

what a day! i had a blast fishing with ya!

:thumbsup_anim: Nice Carp UA. Thanks for sharing. Did you happen to take a measurement of that Carp with the OFNCommunity.com sign?

It's over 30"...but how much over?

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

you know what we actually didnt measure :( at least i got the sign in there :)

Hi UA,

It looks to be about 30"...so i will put it down for 30" on the leader board for Team 10. I believe you are with Team 10. It also qualifies for the 2 bonus inches. Submit the pic with the "ofncommuniy.com sign to OFAH. Then provide the link to me and i we add an extra 2 inches to team 10's total.

FOTB

:Gonefishing: