Prop Question

bh87ss

Hey Dave, I've noticed two things with both these props.

13.25x19P even WOT won't get me near redline. From what I've been reading, if I'm WOT and trimmed out, I should be a few hundred rpm away from the redline in order to avoid 'making oil' like some of the F115s like to do.

With the 13x19P, I can get it closed to redline, but there's no increase in speed for ssay the last 1500rpm.. It just makes a bit more noise and doesn't go anywhere :) You think a 19x20 would help me with both these problems?

I'd love to find a place where I could test out a few props on the same day so I wouldn't have to guess at which one is good for our rig.

Edited by BillM

You think a 13x20 would help me with both these problems?

I'd love to find a place where I could test out a few props on the same day so I wouldn't have to guess at which one is good for our rig.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

By adding an inch of pitch to the 13" prop you will gain a little on top end. The 4 blade should give you similar holeshot to the current 3 blade 13" prop.

Best to talk to your local dealer and let them know your WOT RPMs and speeds for both your current props and they will be able to guide you to the right prop.