NF - Smart Home Monitoring

Was speaking with Rogers today about their smart home monitoring packages. Wanted to see if anyone has any experience with it or any other home monitoring alarm system where cameras are installed and you can view it from your smartphone.

Any and all advice would be much appreciated.

Best,

Pairofgreenhorns

if it works anything like their internet/cable, id pass

lol. I used to work at Rogers also. Thats why I was asking for other home monitoring options. Try my best to avoid dealing with Rogers at all cost. Good company to work for, bad company to deal with and the absolute worst customer service.

All alarm companies have their flaws. I grew up in security and I can tell you that you get what you pay for. That being said, this is the second time rogers is attempting to have their own home alarm systems. The first go around was a epic fail lol. I don't know what it's like now. Alarm force also provides the smart home monitoring

Thank goodness I don't own anything worth stealing. Just another gimmick to make us dependent on some type of virtual umbilical cord. I make sure I know my neighbours (most are retirees)and trust they'll monitor mine as I monitor theirs.

I sold one the other day....the guy wanted a door sensor for the liquor cabinet. Every time his teenagers opened it he gets an alert.

Here are the Coles notes,

It runs through the cable line, and has cellular signal backup. It checks it's connectivity and that all the sensors are connected every 60 seconds. Most installations are free ( camera, and a few door senors). If you want to get crazy with water leaks sensors, monitored co2., ect ect, it will cost you a few hundred for the install . For a monitored system with cameras and live video it's going to run you 37.50 a month. Hope it helps.

Edited by Freshtrax

I had Rogers to the house to do a service call and I talked to the tech about this "new" service. He was a 20 year Rogers tech, not a sub-contractor and he told me that neither he or any of the techs he knew, had the slightest idea on how to setup this system properly and make it work. He also said that at the time, Rogers was struggling to get customers signed up for the service and that he expected to be put on some kind of training soon, as customers sign up for the service.

I have an analog solution to this digital service... he's 90lbs and has a mouth full of teeth! LOL

HH