Living off the grid

sneak_e_pete

My cabin that I will be starting on this year will be off grid as pretty much all are here.

It is 14 kms up the lake from the launch.

I'm planning a full livable solar system (1,000-1,500 watts of panels) charging a 24 volt bank of batteries to a 3 kw inverter with generator backup for the winter months.

There will be a separate small 12 volt system to run game cameras and electric bear fence around the deck to keep the critters for wrecking all of my hard work. ;)

Heat will be provided by direct vent propane heaters (utility room and out house :) ) and a gravity fed pellet stove in the main cabin living area. Water is supplied by a 24 volt RV pump drawing from a 250 gallon tank in the crawl space. It will be filled by gas pump from the lake. Water heater is going to be an Ecotemp L10 tankless on demand propane heater. Fridge and stove will also be propane running off dual 100# tanks.

Lighting will be LED and my ceiling fan is going to be a 24 volt unit.

The biggest electrical draws will be the microwave and TV/SAT.

Battery system will be 1400 ah expandable to 2800 (if needed) with the system I have planned.

My cabin that I will be starting on this year will be off grid as pretty much all are here.

I'm planning a full livable solar system (1,000-1,500 watts of panels) charging a 24 volt bank of batteries to a 3 kw inverter with generator backup for the winter months.

There will be a separate small 12 volt system to run game cameras and electric bear fence around the deck to keep the critters for wrecking all of my hard work. ;)

Heat will be provided by direct vent propane heaters (utility room and out house :) ) and a gravity fed pellet stove in the main cabin living area. Water is supplied by a 24 volt RV pump drawing from a 250 gallon tank in the crawl space. It will be filled by gas pump from the lake. Water heater is going to be an Ecotemp L10 tankless on demand propane heater. Fridge and stove will also be propane running off dual 100# tanks.

Battery system will be 1400 ah expandable to 2800 (if needed) with the system I have planned.

How much for the described electrical system?

How much for the described electrical system?

At current prices I should be able to get it up and running for under $8K.

Mind you I will be doing all of the work myself, so will save a ton of $$$ on labour. B)

I would think with labour the price would almost double. <_<

Wow. TV/Sat off the grid! Sounds like you got this down.

Can't be missing any hockey games. ;)

I also get good cell service at the lot so should be able to stream from my PC tethered to my phone. :D

Dave you really got it together,I hope all will work out as planned.The comfort of home without the monthly utility bills.Gotta love that.