TransCanada Pipelines strikes deal with Ontario Parks

Joeytier

Speaking on condition of anonymity because of a recent clampdown to media policies, two scientists from Canada’s Natural Resources ministry said that, “Further study, and at least a triple the spending in additional safety measures will be required to truly protect the Ontario’s parks from potential spills

If this project, or any other pipeline, followed this advice, I think the public perception of these projects would be better received.

Just another way to Citify camping. Might as well pitch the tent in the front yard and pile tires on the fire. Harper and his oil buddies strike again, $60M for the parks and $2B for the feds what the hell?? Here's your nickel, go play!

slightly better than half a nickel lol

not against citify camping, I can see the value for young families and many other urbanites, if it gets more people outside to experience the outdoors then that is a good thing....rugged bushman like all the members here don't need to visit those parks if that's not their style

and 60M isn't nothing to scoff at, I'm sure the parks could find something useful for it.....I'm not against utilizing our resources, it's our largest asset, but industry can certainly improve HOW they do it

I don't really understand this, is this right-

T Can Pipe gets to run a pipeline through the park, ON Prov Parks get gas heating for their buildings, and campsites have a gas powered fire pit????

I'm thinking this is an April fools joke it's so absurd??

Edited by chris.brock

I'm glad i saw this after all the other comments made. I wanted to check and see if this was a real article or not so I went onto the Ontario Parks site itself and well no news on this. Plus if it was true I'm sure it would be all over the news. After all one line gives it away. "The lines are planned to be first installed in Algonquin Park on trial basis "

Another thing that gives it away is that, when you try to navigate the site/blog it takes you back to the story

Edited by DynamicBear

Haha, yup, it was an April fools joke (I'm the one who wrote it)

I was figuring that the algonquinmap.co domain + the fact that there was only a single post would give it away ;)

hats off to you, cleverly written....just food for thought here, but this may not be a joke in the future, as this is happening in BC right now (well, minus the cozy gas fireplaces LOL)

B.C. legislation would allow oil and energy companies to conduct preliminary research in parks:

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/legislation+would+allow+energy+companies+conduct+preliminary+research+parks/9506336/story.html

http://www.sierraclub.bc.ca/our-work/mining-energy/spotlights/widespread-outrage-as-bill-4-becomes-law-paving-the-way-for-pipelines-in-bc-parks

Edited by bare foot wader