Live Scoring System (Web based)

Stoty

Not sure how many of you watch Major League Fishing, but they have the coolest scoring format for tournaments..... LIVE Leaderboard.

Each boat has an angler, camera man and referee.

Angler catches a fish, ref enters the fish into their app via an iPad, and it updates the "Live Leaderboard" for all other anglers to see, so everyone knows how everyone else is doing instantly.

From the popularity of the show, they have come out with an app that allows tournament organizers to utilize this "live" scoring system in their tournaments.

They charge $5 per angler, per day for this service. Pretty decent pricing for such a cool format.

But... being a Web Developer by trade... I have created my own version of it for use on my annual "boys fishing trip".

Leaderboard Page

Displays the current standings of the tournament, along with the overall "Big Bass" and Big "Pusky" for the tournament. (Pusky = Pike/Musky)

Page refreshes every 30 seconds.

Homepage.jpg

Day Results Pages (Day 1, 2, 3, 4)

- Show the days results for each angler

- 5 bass limit weight

- 5 "Pusky" limit lengths

- Total points for the day

- Bass weight = pts (3.45lb = 3.45 pts)

- 10% of Pusky length = pts (35.50in = 3.55 pts)

- Page refreshes every 30 seconds

Day1.jpg

Enter Fish Page

- This is where anglers enter their catches right on the boat via smartphone/tablet.

- After each fish is entered, the DAY and LEADERBOARD pages are automatically updated with weights/lengths/points

EnterFish.jpg

Edited by Stoty