Some provincal camping help please. (some fishing)

Acountdeleted

I spent a week at Grundy lake. Lots of kids and very little privacy. All the lakes there have been fished out. Really nice beaches and clean washrooms. Nothing I would ever do again though. Dead silent by 10 pm and constant pp officers around. There's some good spots near the dokis reserve , part of French river provincial park. Check the maps for spots.Im pretty sure you can rent boats on the reserve.

We are avid campers and our top parks have been

- Bon Echo (awesome smallie/pike fishing and some of the best scenery in the province)

- Restoule (awesome SM/LM/Pike fishing)

- I am trying out the "St. Lawrence National Park" this summer on the St. L river. (That's def close to "other things" in case your wife gets bored)

• 2 weeks later...

tree4, that sucks! As I said we went end of june and didn't have any problems with kids or our neighbours, but now that I think of it the Park rangers were real dicks the whole week we were there. I mean the guys were literally hiding behind a bush beside our campsite at 9:55 so they could come chew us out for talking after 10. I'm glad you said something because I had forgotten why we stopped going lol.
It's sad because the place was really nice I thought, may have been what I am used to lol, but the only way I would go back is if i was certain all the previous Rangers were gone. My bad on the last post! I knew there was something missing

There is a ton of crown land around algonquin park with free campling on small lakes accessable from fire route roads. Most can be accessable by car and others by truck. Alot of the lakes in that area have been stocked over the years. Us google earth and you will find what u are looking for.

Google Maps suggests that Charleston Lake is somewhat further than you want to drive, but it is a great park, has lots of shaded campsites, has outdoor privies all over the place but also flush toilets and showers not that far a walk from anywhere, and a launch ramp inside the park. The lake is a multi-species fishery and summertime is bass time.

Doug