End of April Vacation

jbailey

Afternoon everyone!!

I am planning my annual spring vacation and am debating between freshwater fishing in Florida and Hilton Head Island for some deep sea ocean fishing, maybe midnight shark fishing.. I have fished Hilton Head Island many times but have never fished freshwater in Florida. I would love to try it. Anyone here have any experiences and/or suggestions they would like to share?

Cheers,

James

Given my druthers I choose saltwater every chance I get. I have fished in both waters and since a bass caught in Canada feels like a bass caught in Florida it makes the saltwater more appealing when you get the chance. Shark fishing is an excellent trip to take and the only thing better is one after dark. I have had many a good night fishing for sharks and when the reel is screaming and the line disappears into the water you don't know what you have till it is brought into the light. That is a fun time for sure.

Art

Sitting here in cocoa beach Florida just wrapping up a week of junior spring training baseball for my son. Will have my report with pictures when I get back home but go saltwater, those fish pull crazy hard.

I did a full day redfish in mosquito lagoon and will remember it for a long time. Things are starting to heat up offshore with spring weather coming in. Around here it's cobia, kingfish, and snapper offshore and redfish and sea trout inshore.

Gotta watch spring winds as they may reduce the number of days offshore. Big swells and windy here last 2 days but inshore you can still get out. In this area you're only 45 minutes back inland to Kissimmee area for good largemouth too!