Boat Rentals on Nipissing's West Arm

BillsTheBassMan

Hey all. I figure there are a few folks around here with this topic. Our group has rented a cottage for a week in August near oak island on the nipissing west arm. We have one boat but by no means is it a fishing boat (as the person who owns it is scared of toothy critters and having fun). We are in need of a full week boat rental from someone that is willing to let us dock it at the rental cottage for the week we have it rented.

I have researched numerous lodges in the area and am wondering if anyone has recommendations for a small cedarstrip or aluminum rental for the week. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

I second Lak Air not only is there boats and engines top notch but they will happily draw a basic map on areas to watch for and I am almost sure they have insurance policies you can purchase if that weighs on your mind.

Art

I second Lak Air not only is there boats and engines top notch but they will happily draw a basic map on areas to watch for and I am almost sure they have insurance policies you can purchase if that weighs on your mind.

Art

Insurance policy is definitely a plus if available. Has anyone used the boats from Memsquit with the fish finders? Can I get away with the Navionics app and a chart map for charting? I would prefer to give my business to Lakair due to the overwhelming support on these boards, but I also want to ensure that I have all angles covered.

Ryan

I've stayed at and used Memquisit boats twice. They're decent 18' cedar boats with a good 4st 20hp Yamaha motors and the fishfinders work OK. I'm sure he'll rent you one if he has any available, usually ppl that stay there have priority on them. We did rent a boat once and camped on an island.

West Bay is a nice place. Good luck!

Can I get away with the Navionics app and a chart map for charting?

I use Navionics Hotmaps for the West Arm but they don't chart anything west of Hwy 64. Don't know if there's anything else available as of now though.

You can get a good detailed map from the lodge.

Edited by lew