Ice fishing in hamilton

northernpike56

Hi guys i am wondering if anyone has tried fishing at princess point (cootes paradise at the carp trap), or at the RBG property in hamilton harbor where grindstone creek empties in.

I remember playing hockey at both of these spots as a little kid but that was like 10 years ago and for the most part I remember both being pretty shallow. Has anybody ever tried fishing at these spots before?

On a side note i was fishing at bayfront in hamilton a few weeks ago and caught 8 perch on a minnow and split shot rig. I havent been back but i could probably walk out farther now to the deeper water

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think cootes is worth fishing as it is too shallow, If you were catchin fishing a couple weeks ago, I would head back to where you had success instead of cootes. Or try Binbrook for some crappie.

like Shasta said, I wouldn't bother with Cootes, unless you know a spot that's a deeper hole

trying around the high level bridge or Valley Inn Rd sounds like a better plan, these are current areas though so be super careful

let us know how you do, if you go

I dropped my aqua vu at bayfront in a few spots last winter. 200 guys on the ice not getting a bite... Down the hole, fish of EVERY species were cruising around.. I only wish I could be there on a day all those fish are hungry, lol