L.Erie St. Williams Report

Fish Farmer

Buddy and myself caught 20 Perch and a couple bonus Pike yesterday.

My Buddies was caught jigging a Williams spoon yellow with a red stripe and mine on a Williams whitefish 1/2&1/2

Man it was cold out there, ice was cracking all morning, then it happened.

I was checking around drilling a few holes looking for a better spot and BANG what a explosion, right beside me the ice jumped up and overlapped near me.

My machine and myself must have slid forward about a foot.

Never saw that in my life, Was like a earth quake, had to check my pants. :rolleyes::D

Guys watch driving & walking around out there, lots of soft spots.

Don't mind the pictures took them on my old cel phone, my camera was frozen.

JoesPike_zpsfded1124.jpg

Dave1_zps560e8320.jpg

Dave_zps1db851b7.jpg
Edited by Fish Farmer

I was checking around drilling a few holes looking for a better spot and BANG what a explosion, right beside me the ice jumped up and overlapped near me.

My machine and myself must have slid forward about a foot.
Never saw that in my life, Was like a earth quake, had to check my pants. :rolleyes::D

Happen to us this year Dave. 6 guys just standing by a crack. BOOM. We all jumped and watched a 2 ft crack close up 18 inches. Scary,but laughed afterwards.

Nice fish bud

When ya heading up this way?

it looks wide open, and cold and windy out there, good for you guys for braving it, looks like it was worth it though and you had a fun day

It was cold, good job we didn't have the wind. After you drilled a hole the water froze and my boots stuck to the ice.

Happen to us this year Dave. 6 guys just standing by a crack. BOOM. We all jumped and watched a 2 ft crack close up 18 inches. Scary,but laughed afterwards.

Nice fish bud

When ya heading up this way?

Been watching for some good reports on catchin some Whities Bro, haven't seen much. I may hit Big Bear Pt. and give it a shot. I've been hitting Erie a couple times a week, not catchin many Perch, it's been slow.

Some nice fish there. I imagine that was pretty scary with the ice moving like that. I, for one, would not like that to happen near me!!

I bet you froze your butt off out there, it's so bitter out.

You got that right Joey, haven't seen it stay that cold for that length of time for years, even next week it's going to be bitter. Mr Heater has been getting a work out. :D