Slush, Slush, and more Slush

Big Cliff

I don't think I have ever seen it this bad at least not in the 12 years we've lived here. Right from the shore to as far out as I can see there are huge areas of slush. I steped off my dock onto the ice and it had to have been a solid 10" deep.

There was a sleader last night trying to go past our place on the lake and he was having a really hard time. Just becareful if you are planning on going out on the ice in the next few days, getting stuck out there with a sled wouldn't be much fun.

I had a really hard time yesterday on Simcoe. Old crappy sled, one passenger and a heavy 2 man frabil sled loaded with equipment. I was surprised we even made it back in the afternoon. The fog was brutal as well, good thing we were familiar with the area, i couldnt imagine how rough it would have been for somebody with a little less experience to get back to shore.

I didn't find the conditions on Simcoe that bad yesterday when I went for a quick fish at around 2pm. There was a bit of slush, but nothing crazy. Although I guess it depends on where you were.

I was out on saturday, in the 6* weather and rain. Over a foot of slush at the time everywhere. And i was pushing it with a stupid heavy load in the trailer and a passenger on the sled. Probably the worst conditions ive ever been through.