Three-year-old Succumbed To Cancer Two Hours After His Favourite Team Won (NF)

RobHall

I normally don't get too emotional, but this brought tears to these 45 year old eyes. Words can't describe how sad i am for this little boy and his family. He left this world, knowing the Senators were going to the Stanley Cup Final. He left this world, knowing that Mike Fisher promised him, they would win the Stanley Cup.

Ottawa Citizen Story

Pictures of Boy

I know some members here hate the Senators and hope they fail in their quest to win the SC. That's cool. I just had to post this little boys story here. I hope you don't mind. Don't come down too hard on this old man with tears streaming down his face.

I know this little boy will be looking down from heaven and watching his favourite team in the Stanley Cup Final. I hope Fisher and the Sens fullfill their promise to this little boy.

FOTB

:(

Very sad indeed , I pretty much had the same reaction when I read it this morning.

And hats off to the Senators who took time to visit with him last week, that's what being a role model is all about.

3 years old .......

Brave little guy.

Puts it all into perspective.

Very sad indeed. Anytime a child looses the battle with cancer is a very sad day.

A very class act by Mike Fisher, and it just shows you that most sports celebrities are a class unto themselves, always reaching out to the infirm and less fortunate.

For Elgin-Alexander Fraser, Go Sens Go

John

Dont I feel so incredibly stupid for being so depressed the last couple days after my Sabres exited the playoffs. Such a trivial thing in comparison. How can ya not root for the Sens after reading such a story. Time to see Mr. fisher in a different light, as a human being and not just a rival opponent.

That's horrible. I can't even imagine how it must be for that family, and what that little guy went through.

My son turns 3 on Wednesday...

I also will be rooting for the Sens for the rest of this season. Mike Fisher is truly a class act.

thank you for that touching story. I know what I deal with every minute of the day, I hope his family can find the some peace and solace as God has taken another one of the good ones.

Go Sens Go.

Gerritt.