Just can't get out fishing…

limeyangler

Hi all,

Had it all planned. Was going to go trout fishing today. Only one chore to do, easy….front porch area needed snow blowing…then gone!

Hmmmmmm, what i forgot was that the guy who plows our yard after heavy snow IS ON HOLIDAY :wallbash::wallbash:

3 hours later at 1pm i'm just about done with the snow removal, only problem is the wind is up to around 25kmh and temps have dipped to minus 20c and dropping.

Seems to be the pattern here this year, gets warm enough to snow then too cold to go out and play in it. Well i was not going to let that stop me. With fishing off the radar (again) I took the opportunity to clear out the garage…then jumped on the snow machine for an evening stroll round the block.

Thats exactly what we have here too simon. -40 and cold and windy as f*#%}. Then -10 and 12" of snow, then repeat. I had drifts today well over 20" and man o man, what i had to shovel by hand was tough. I went and checked the ice after work today, 30-35"!!!!! Howah! Might need an extension this year lol. Forecast is looking BRUTALLy cold till next friday:(. GNARLY

Simon. This is just an old fashioned winter for us. You haven't been up this way for very long, but this is nothing new. It's either record setting cold, or mild and snowing. I remember the entire month of January waking up to -20f and lower temps. Welcome to the north my friend.

Simon. This is just an old fashioned winter for us. You haven't been up this way for very long, but this is nothing new. It's either record setting cold, or mild and snowing. I remember the entire month of January waking up to -20f and lower temps. Welcome to the north my friend.

how long do i have to be here before i can say its cold? I can't speak about yesterday or tomorrow Dan. Don't mean to sound gnarly…but ….-40 feels the same no matter when or where you born….lol. :jerry:

Edited by limeyangler

Spoken like a true fisherman. In the post above you said -40!! :D Let's us know when it hits -60!

yeah -40 has been seemingly the average, dipping past -50 in the nightime. I dont think we'll hit -60 but at this point who knows lol. Supposed to be gnarly cold the next few days, then really nice on friday, -15 i think? Ill be fishing all day in that :)