Rant for the Day (NF) - Windows 8 and Sony VAIO

Joey

Joey, another good reason to have a Flickr account as well, or Dropbox/Skydrive.

I have a Flickr account Bill, but they are not the original photos on there are they?

Bitsmith2K, I decided to go high tech. I usually cheap out with my laptops and they lasted about 5 to 6 years, so I figured I'd go all out this time and maybe get 10 years or more and get the Sony Touch Screen. So if I downgrade to Windows 7, what benefit will the touchscreen have? Do you know?

I have a Flickr account Bill, but they are not the original photos on there are they?

Flickr allows you to upload full resolution photos.. It just scales them down for use in IMG tags, etc.. So if you uploaded a 5000x3000 pic, it will still be there untouched.

Okay thanks Bill. I've got alot on Flickr so I do feel a bit of relief from that.

Plus the laptop is only 3 months old. I did have alot of photos on it, but really only lost my latest photos and some of them are on Flickr. I'm just upset about the whole thing with the laptop being so new, and the laptop is still not working very well even after all that. Keeps freezing, or just won't start up. I get the rolling ball of death. So with barely a thing on it, why am I even having this problem? Sony has not gotten back to me after my email.

don't do anything to your laptop and take it CBL. they'll take a look and let you know what it might cost. they recovered pretty well all the files on my iMac. if the drive hasn't been zeroed, you could get your photos back. these dudes are good and your recovered (if they can) files come back on a portable external ;)

photos are worth the cost of recovery imo since they can't be replaced. hope it all works out !

Bitsmith2K, I decided to go high tech. I usually cheap out with my laptops and they lasted about 5 to 6 years, so I figured I'd go all out this time and maybe get 10 years or more and get the Sony Touch Screen. So if I downgrade to Windows 7, what benefit will the touchscreen have? Do you know?

None, Windows8 is specifically designed for touch screen if I've been told correctly.

Email complaints go straight into the recycle bin. Talk your way to an executive in customer service. They will give you so much run around to encourage you to give up on the whole thing. Diligence and a Pit Bull like grasp is the only way to get to the VP level where they are the only people to really be able to get you satisfaction. Lower level customer service people never want you to get to that level because it shows they can't do their jobs. INSIST.

I had a problem with Bell that took me 1 week to get to the VP of customer services. I called at least 10 times a day. When they realized free long distance for a year wasn't going to cut it the climbing to the top went quickly.

Insist on getting real names and the names of their supervisors and phone extension numbers. When they say we will get back to you ask when, when they don't call the supervisor, and so on and so on. Each level of service is able to only offer so much.

If your serious about getting satisfaction you will get it if your not being unreasonable about compensation. I saved $1700.00 on a bogus phone bill. Then I received free long distance for Canada and US for as long as I keep this number and stay with Bell.

Edited by Old Ironmaker