BC Winter Fishing

jedimaster

are you set on tofino/the island?.....island fishing tends to pick up right about now, dec was a very slow month

in the lower mainland you have a good range of rivers you can cover on your own without needing a guide (not many/any guides drift these rivers - mostly walk and wade, unspoken rule kind of).....assuming your a proficient steelheader, no point in paying for walk and wade guide IMO, with some google research you can find plenty of access points, backroad mapbook, etc ...you'd be renting a vehicle?

the island would be worth a guide, river access is a bit tighter on some of the smaller rivers, and especially for the pleasure of fishing from a drift boat

PM me once you get your dates figured out, can point you in the right direction

you say you're only interested in steelhead, but maybe give sturgeon a go

It just looked like form the season chart that only steelhead was available. I am open to most anything though. I haven't done much steelheading in Ontario. mostly a boat fisherman here that's why I was thinking a guide might be good. I mean I have done some river fishing, but mostly for speck and inland rainbows. I am looking to go for the last week/weekend of January. I am flexible on the exact timing though. So any advise on timing, possible guides, locations I can try on my own etc.. is great help.