Berkely line spooling station?…pfffft…...

limeyangler

Hi all,

gotta say i'm loving the time off work, getting to spend so much time with my son is AWESOME.

He helped me fix the eye of an old Ugly stick this morning, then helped spool up the 30lb braid for some holiday barracuda action! He was really enjoying it….as was I!

Who needs a berkely line filling station when you have SUPER JACK!

2-5.png

GOPR4659.jpg

GOPR4657.jpg

GOPR4656.jpg

Haha thats awesome, good lil helper that Jack is!!! My daughters have helped in the same way numerous times. Looks like you spool your braid pretty loose? My kids hate spooling braid cause i want mine as tight as possible lol. Takes about 10 mins for 150 yards

Yup…awesome little helpers! I actually have the line between my thumb and forefinger as it comes through the bottom eye., this puts the tension on it so it is actually spooled pretty tight.

Nothing better than getting your child involved in everything you do. You will be amazed many years from now when you realize just how much the lad learnt from you. Not just by teaching and example, but by a kind of "absorption" by exposure (for lack of a better phrase).

Then there are those special ties you are creating tween the two of you.

I see it more and more between my son and myself.

Nothing better than getting your child involved in everything you do. You will be amazed many years from now when you realize just how much the lad learnt from you. Not just by teaching and example, but by a kind of "absorption" by exposure (for lack of a better phrase).

:santa: Thanks for your insights Bruce……happy perch hunting and merry Xmas to you and family.

Edited by limeyangler

this for the win! This is exactly what great parents do! On a side note, i had a good laugh at my dads expense last summer on out annual camping trip. Him and my oldest boy went out early one morning to catch a walleye breaky. My dad brought a spool of nanofil out on the water to put on his rod. I guess he didnt read the label and my boy got frustrated after watching him try to tie a knot to the spool three or four times. My 10 yer old boy asked him for the line and rod, had it tied in a minute hands it back to my dad and he just laughs. They get out to the spot and my boy says pass it back gramps,ill tie n your jig but you have to watch how i do it hahaha. My dad told me te story later at breakfast and we all had a good laugh

Just you watch simon, jack will be the envy of all his friends. Knowledgable way beyond his years, and a cooler dad to boot haha

LOL…..if i can be anywhere near as cool as my old man i'll take it! I was just talking to my wife about this kind of thing the other day and we were saying how the stuff that Jack has experienced( the NW Ontario adventure continues) in his 4 years on this planet is amazing and will benefit him no doubt in later life no matter where we end up.

Kool - good on ya for getting the young ones involved. I read a neat caption on an other board - "kids that hunt & fish don't mug little old ladies" How true!

Definitely something in that for sure. I think its about engaging kids in stuff other than what shoes they need to have to be 'accepted'.

One thing I have learned is that kids copy you and WANT to emulate you, GOOD or BAD. Take for example Jack wanting my hair style( bald/none) over his gorgeous red curls because "dad's hair is cool". Anyway, if they see parents valuing material things/ avoiding going outside in favour of a video game/ they pick up on that….if they see you loving the outdoors, being kind to animals, eating healthy(ish), exercising, having the freedom to express feelings without fear, taking time to respond to others needs..etc…etc…etc…they will emulate and value those things.

Sorry about the lengthy response that is bordering on being a diatribe….the first shot of morning caffeine just entered my brain! :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::)

That's cool. My little ones are learning to thumb the spool now. Sometimes I get carried away and reel to quickly. :oops:

Yeah, friction in that situation is not your friend!

Simon, I can watch as many clips of you and Jack playing and bonding that you want to put up. It gives me great joy and pleasure to see a father and child bonding as you 2 are doing.

OH dear, you have unleashed the beast……..as a proud father it is sometimes difficult to resist posting stuff, here's a couple of my favourites from this month…….The mussel recipe might even rival your delicious looking Pulla bread!