Lake Simcoe Ice Aerial Photo!

J-M

Minus 23 at 8:30 this morning and it only got up to minus 13 this afternoon. Lots of localized clouds over the open main lake. Hope the warm temps and rain forecast for later this week don't come around, although no matter the weather I won't be going out until after Christmas

Check out the latest aerial photo for today. Lake Simcoe is in the top left corner of the photo link.

Its quite amazing to see how much ice has already formed on Lady Simcoe. It might not be safe just yet, but its getting there!

http://tinyurl.com/m2lp4uc

Appreciate the photo J-M..like minus 20 here on the rear porch-on South Lake Simcoe--haven't a clue as to the wind chill dynamic--early ice Fisherman--got a ferrel pussy cat looking at me with longing eyes---YUP--he's indoors tonite by the looks of it.lol

Even if it hits 4 on Thursday S. :santa: --hopefully this ice will stay

Play Safe

Have Fun

Paul

I actually welcome the warm snaps in between making ice. It's a good thing. Melts down what snow is on the surface and flattens out the sharp edges!

It takes a lot more than a couple days of warm weather to loose what ice we get. Afterall, how many days of minus temps have we had to get what we have so far?

Cheers, Ron...