Friends

Big Cliff

Pikeslayer and his beautiful bride came for a visit on Saturday, it was really nice to be able to spend the weekend catching up and hanging out. We have been friends for way too few years now and just don't get together nearly as often as we should.

Just by chance I happened to have a nice prime rib in the freezer for just such an occasion. The prime rib turned out perfectly but I just made my first ever "Yorkshire muffins" (yes that is what they turned out like LOL muffins. Now, Yorkshire pudding is one thing that I have struggled with for years, under cooked, over cooked, didn't rise, didn't fall, man I have had them all! But never before have they turned out like muffins (hey, can I call this a PB?)

I have no idea why, I had three recipies all from different people that all called for exactly the same ingredients (although none of them said have a shot or two of brandy prior to making) cool.png but it was a cool damp day and my Dr. said a shot of brandy in the evening would help me sleep. (He never did say a how big a "shot was" and he never did tell me that two or three wouldn't help me sleep, it would PUT me to sleep dunno.gif

Simon and I got to spend some time in the "Man Cave" (Shop) and even managed to get an old Craftsman lawn tractor up and running like new (I have to be honest with you, I wasn't sure we could ever get it to run) but this thing purrs better than most, I'm amazed! One man's junk is anothers man's gold. whistling.gif

Simon my friend, as promissed I didn't say a word about your Snow Mower or Lawn Blower rofl2.gif but I'd do that for you anytime (and have a feeling I probably will) doh.gif

A friend to all (except those that don't like me).

Big Cliff

Read more: http://fishingtalescanada.proboards.com/thread/1436/great-visit-old-friend-weekend#ixzz2jhudW5tD

I always like reading your posts Cliff. I never met you but I have an image in my mind of what you must be like, and I am sure we would have a blast together. Simon and I met last year at Quinte, and I love the man. Glad to see you guys having fun.

I always like reading your posts Cliff. I never met you but I have an image in my mind of what you must be like, and I am sure we would have a blast together. Simon and I met last year at Quinte, and I love the man. Glad to see you guys having fun.

Paul, anytime you want to come this way my friend our door is always open!!!!!

As for Simon, it's a love/hate relationship; I love it when he comes for a visit, I hate it when he has to leave! (oh wait, I hate it when he out fishes me, I hate it when he out cooks me, I hate it when his hair always looks so good..... Just kidding, a good family and special friends!

Hahaha. Yorkie muffins were yummy (sort of) LOL.

As promised "the rest of the story" stays in the man cave my friend ;)

That said, I can't wait to see the 'ice tractor' evolve....

Good times my friend :)

Got the two flat tires fixed today, started the "clean up" on it, boy it purrs like a kitten! Going to make some changes to the drive train, looking to get it up to about 40mph. Looking at trying to add a turbo to it, might be a little too much for the rest of the power train but we'll see. I'm thinking I might be able to modify some ATV rims and tires and if I can extend the frame a bit I could put tracks on it.

Just think of what the cops would have to say about a lawn tractor with tracks doing 40 mph across the lake and lets see where they try to enforce the helmet law on a lawn tractor. I can see it now; " but Your Honor I was just driving my lawn tractor down the lake and this nice police (person) stopped me and gave me a ticket because I wasn't wearing a helmet"? "Isn't that harassment Your Honor?"

Checked with 'M' re insurance. Too many mods & it won't be insurable. In current condition & adding chains to tires, it would still be considered a lawn tractor & covered under household policy. Adding HP is okay as long as you don't tell insurance agent. Tracks would definitely void the insurance though.

Can't find any info on line re registration or helmut requirements so would be interesting to see how a CO/Police would interpet that?? I'd still go with helmut for safety sake (know you were JK :) )

Send me a list of parts/accessories & I'll scour for used or hit princess auto.

I am sure you will always be on my list of people I am glad I was fortunate enough to meet in life Cliff. Now as far as turbo charging you can always go with an electric fan turbo with a secondary fixed jet in the throat of the carb. Controlled with a vacuum switch and a solenoid.

Good luck me friend

Art.

, I hate it when his hair always looks so good.....

Now that you mention it...........When I met him, we stood outside and "chatted" for about 20 minutes in Gail force winds, and his hair never even got messed up :huh: I just shrugged it off as an optical illusion :D