musky opener...really late report..haha

shimano19

hey guys. haven't really been to active on the forums but I scraped together some pictures and thought id share. here is some action me and my brother had for the first 2-3 weeks of musky opener. we tried to get out atleast 1-2 times a week to do some musky fishing together.

after working the lakes quite a bit we have found some spots that we now consider our go to spots on the lakes. they usually produce for us with decent size musky.

these musky were caught on upper buckhorn. the main lure that produced was a black and orange cowgirl and a pearson griner. casting them into deeper weedlines seemed to do the trick. our PB this season was my 43 incher off upper BH.

mike42BHski.jpeg

mikejuly9muskyBH.jpeg

my brother with his first of the season

petemusk.jpg

show me them teeth!!!!

teeth42BH.jpeg

here are a couple from scugog. targeting the same areas and structures and using the same presentations as on BH we landed a few and lost some aswell.

muskyuiisj.jpeg

photo.jpg

after these trips we haven't done much musky fishing but we went last weekend and had a few on buckhorn...trying different tactics in 25 fow vertically jigging a bondy bait we managed to raise a few..but none wanted to commit.

mike

Nice work guys, and nice boat! Don't be afraid to get out to some of the bigger water (not too big, like the ones I showed you) now that you've got some tactics and patterns down. Be versatile I these new locations but start with what you know. This is the best time of year for them big girls, so get at Em!

Congrats again,

T

Nice work guys, and nice boat! Don't be afraid to get out to some of the bigger water (not too big, like the ones I showed you) now that you've got some tactics and patterns down. Be versatile I these new locations but start with what you know. This is the best time of year for them big girls, so get at Em!

Congrats again,

T

thanks man, the boat did us well this year it was awesome to have a platform to musky fish. yupp we have looked into them and very excited for the fall. thank