GTA marine mechanics???

Hey guys, figured somebody here could help me find a reputable marine mechanic. I previously dealt with Buckeye marine, mainly because the motor was serviced there from day one. Then my motor started acting up and they quoted me ballpark of $4k to rebuild a 1999 merc 90hp. Went to get a second opinion and it turned out that the motor was serviced incorrectly and had it repaired for $500. That mechanic has moved away since, and im left with nobody to help. Couple weeks ago my starter got jammed in the up position, and motor stalled. I soaked the starter gear shaft and it seems to be working fine now. However, the gears dont catch the flywheel now. I was amazed when i looked up the parts to find out the flywheel sells for almost $600 and starter around $500. With labour im probably more likely to pay around $2k seems pretty crazy to me... Any input? Also i live in oshawa and head north to kawarthas at least couple times a week. Would be a bonus to find somebody along the way. Thanx guys!!

Edited by Angler management