Lost a Live target dark crayfish

davey buoy

Dave I have used lots of lures over the years and some are left forgotten in the stack of boxes never to fulfill the promises they lured me in with. I have assembled a bag that is my grab and go bag and it has lures that are time proven for different styles of fishing. The bass bag has an assortment of lures from topwater to dragging worms that will produce all year long at a local private lake. The topwater lures are the green frog and the mouse from live target. The crawfish lure is very productive used in a jigging manner and it has a vertical fall that drives the fish nuts. I recently added a new lure made by mega bass that is a topwater that has an action that is awesome. It is expensive though but check Ebay some of the sellers seem to get them at a reduced price. My spinnerbait selection is mainly white and chrome since it seems to be the prefered color. I round out the mid level of the water column with the white bandit 4-6ft model. The bottom is shakey rigs with senco's and 10 inch worms. While there are many different lures to fall in love with you will find the few ones that are must haves and the live target is one of them in my book.

Art

Is this post an intended shot at purchasing a Big O? If so, have you ever tried one? They are by Cotton Cordell, who make quality lures.

The big O crawdad has caught me countless bass, many walleye and even a couple of Muskie.

I wasn't referring to Big O. Simply saying that I'm willing to pay a bit more for something that I know produces, and have confidence in.

I wasn't referring to Big O. Simply saying that I'm willing to pay a bit more for something that I know produces, and have confidence in.

My apologies then, I obviously read your post the wrong way, or it could have been my many reminders to my kids to get ready for school.

Agree that Cotton Cordell crank baits are good value. Big o crayfish is the most productive lure when we fish the bass openner around gananoque, perch pattern also very effective. Big o 3 pack for $9.99 at SAIL 1 white, 1 crayfish, 1 perch. I don't see very competitve prices at the CTC,s in my area.

I find that it is cheaper to get most of my tackle or lures at the three local tackles shops I frequent. CDN Tire and even Wal Mart I find the prices to be usually .50 to 2 more, not everything though, I can get Power Pro Braid Super Slick at Wal Mart for 3 dollar cheaper, but thats the only good deal I see.

how about rick clunn lures haha $22+

although i don't mind because a specific lure i picked up turned out to be probably the most productive lure i've owned over the last 5-6 years. Even after being annihilated by pike it stays in tact for future use and have quality hooks.. i find xraps puncture easy and become waterlogged or do not swim correctly, although i still like them.

I used to be furious that the lure cost so much but it was definitely worth it.. but it is now off the market unfortunately as of last year..