Huntsville Boat Launch

Henricus

Does anybody have any experience with the alleged Hutcheson Beach boat launch in Hunstville (Lake Vernon)? I might be looking to launch there in the coming weeks and was curious of the condition of the launch. Apparently there is one there but I can't seem to find on google satellite.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Thanks for all the replies but something tells me everybody is referring to the Avery beach launch on the east side of 11. I am referring to the west side of 11 on the north shore of Vernon. Apparently there is a launch, and this is an assumption, at the end of Hutcheson Beach road. Is anybody familiar with this one?

Again, thanks for all comments so far.

Rick

hutcheson beach launch is just west of the OPP station at muskoka rd 2. turn left at hutcheson rd. VERY shallow launch. last time I was there my truck was in the lake about 20-30 yards to get the boat off the trailer. If you have a big boat, I would suggest the one in town and run the narrows to the lake.

I was at the Hutcheson Beach Road launch yesterday, just drove to the end of the road and then turned around. There seems to be some construction going on in the parking lot so if there's any activity ask the guys where you need to be to stay well out of their way.