Kawartha lakes houseboats rentals

muskymatt

There are two on Pigeon Lake. Happy Days and Egans. Happy Days is more central on the lake, Egan's is down the river towards Emily Park. Renting on Pigeon is a good choice, because you can go to The Bald Lakes, Upper Buckhorn, Pigeon and Chemong without locking, It's endless if you want to lock through to other lakes.

My family and I rented from Egan a few years back for a weekend..not a lot of space on those things but still a lot of fun. Kids and I spent time after dinner picking off rock bass before bed at the shoreline from the boat..would probably do this again. A little nerve wracking going through the locks on the weekend with $$$yachts close by though! Houseboats are also brutally slow, so don't plan on getting anywhere in a hurry.

Edited by skdds

My buddies and I rented a Happy Days boat for a week last year. I agree with skdds, if you are not comfortable navigating a floating battering ram amongst $$$$ boats, avoid the locks.

The Happy Days are a larger boat, a patio style roof and a walk around deck, unlike the Egans.

My buddies and I have decided to make it an annual trip......take your family out and have a great time!!!

I have been on both Eagan and happy days I would prefer happy days but both were nice and the problem now for you might be that they are all booked up !!!!! You can check their website and lean more but you will enjoy it and have fun !!!! If you or any of your friends have small tinny boat it would be even better to tow it around and use it as the fishing boat and the big houseboat as the base !!! First factor in where you want to go as they will eat gas for sure and it will be a big chunk of your money if you want to go up or down the system of lakes hope this helps. Good luck and have fun & be safe

All I can say is if you wouldn't want to be stuck in the same 6X8 jail cell with someone for a weekend don't go out with them on a houseboat. If your good with tight quarters it can be an absolute blast. It can get a tad cramped especially if the weather is not the best. Great for a first weekend date, if they want to leave they have to swim to shore. We went out with a couple a lady friend knew, I just met them. On day 2 I said if you put that Barbra Streisand CD on one more time it and you are going overboard.

Feelings, Johnny D has no feelings.............