Myrtle Beach

zman

Hi everyone

I am heading to Myrtle Beach june 8th till the 12th , I was woundering if there is a problem with fishing on the beach will I am there? Also does anyone have any tips.

I was going to take a telescopic fishing pole as I don't want to pay for shipping one of my 1pc rods

I will be staying in North Myrtle Beach

and bonnetheads fight harder than any freshwater fish of the same size, its incredible.

Anything in salt water fights harder then pretty much anything in freshwater. Even those little 16in Whitings fight like crazy.

Just came across the post... today is June 6th so hopefully you will read it.

I go to North Myrtle Beach every year. Saltwater licence is $11 for 14 days that can be purchased at Basspro in North Myrtle Beach. Saltwater fishing allows for 2 rods.

You can fish from the beach with the $11 licence or you can fish from piers (Apache pier is in North Myrtle beach and the longest one). Pier admission price ($8/day) includes licence.

In terms of fishing rods, for $20-30 you can get a 2 piece 14 ft surf rod from Bass Pro.

I mostly catch sharks on the beach in front of the hotel and from the pier. Scared the crap out of people when I pulled out a 4-5 foot shark in front of the hotel. Some people don't know there are sharks there... go figure :)

Have a good trip!