Spring Fishing

ah_long

Went out for some Spring fishing, it was fun catching pan fish on hard baits. Got a chance to try some new equipment.

G Loomis TSR 791 GLX

Shimano Cardiff Ci4+ C2000SS

Seaguar Invizx 4lb Fluoro

Ecogear SX40

I'm liking this set up a lot, very happy with the reel and line. For fluorocarbon line, the invizx is very manageable and there's no breakage to report so far.

8714842348_c36ea1a5ef_z.jpg

8713720861_0107eea272_z.jpg

8707975443_a9bfe8297b_z.jpg

Nice. Whats your opinion on the rod? I want one, but am debating on grabbing a basic rod instead, since i only head out for crappie a few times a year. Did you happen to see the daiwa t3 mx? (I posted in your thread on tt earlier)

Those fish look real crappie, but the reel much less so.!! :)

Agreed, I use to get ridiculed on "other" forums for loving tackle! Nice change of pace.

I've tried the Invizx, I didn't like it, I was tying a improved clinch knot.....and I kept losing my cranks. What kinda knot are you tying?

Nice. Whats your opinion on the rod? I want one, but am debating on grabbing a basic rod instead, since i only head out for crappie a few times a year. Did you happen to see the daiwa t3 mx? (I posted in your thread on tt earlier)

Love the rod, if you don't want to spend that much money, consider the regular TSR series. It could also multipurpose for micro line finesse applications. I also have a TSR792.

I saw the T3 MX and I like it alot, I would've went for the MX if it was available last year. The T3 is an amazing reel out fo the box, but the MX at a lower price offers room for upgrades which is what I like to do.

You probably saw my T3 with accent pieces on TT

Agreed, I use to get ridiculed on "other" forums for loving tackle! Nice change of pace.

I've tried the Invizx, I didn't like it, I was tying a improved clinch knot.....and I kept losing my cranks. What kinda knot are you tying?

I'm using a uni knot to Evergreen wide snap #0, no issues with losing cranks. Did the line fail @ the knot? also remember to wet the line before tightening and retie a new knot on every outing.

I'm using a uni knot to Evergreen wide snap #0, no issues with losing cranks. Did the line fail @ the knot? also remember to wet the line before tightening and retie a new knot on every outing.

Yes it was, probably heat issues!

Thanks

I must say, your steez with blue accents look pretty nice!

Edited by TheMaverick

That's a slick looking rig!

To be honest, I am more interested in those little cranks. I've got a few questions. How deep are you getting the down to get bites. Do you tie them direct to the 4lb? Or a swivel? Are they sinking? How do you work them?

I've got a few crappie spots I want to try, and casting cranks sounds like a fun way to target them!

Edited by N.A.W

I got the small cranks from Bass City in Markham. I use an Evergreen Wide Snap #0 which makes it sink at a very slow rate. I use small twitches. I find the slow sinking action more effective when the crappie are suspended in 3~4ft and when they are not actively coming up to take the lures.

I would also look into Daiwa and Rapala offerings, they make some good small baits as well. Daiwa has one called the SC shiner and it comes in a 1.5" size, great bang for the buck.