Motion sensor camera.

sounds like you're looking for a game cam? anywhere 100-400

would get cheapest price buying online, type of thing you don't need to inspect in store

whereabouts do you want to mount it? they are a high theft item, but hunting activity is low this time of year at least...I'd by or weld up a lock box for it...and clear any branches, shrubs, etc that could blow in front of the sensor, will reduce the number of false pics

Crappy Tire, Wally, LeBarons, Bass Pro

I have a cheap one ($80) and I'm quite happy with it, I use it more for wildlife viewing than hunting or security

I did have 1 stolen, I noted the footprints, it looked like a guy and a young kid (father and son?)

we have a guy snooping around our cottage stealing fire wood and empty beer cans etc., we know who it is, I thought about using the trail cam to photo him, but I also thought if he's sniffing around after dark, and sees a flash go off, he's going to make an effort to get rid of the evidence and my trail cam, just a thought

Look at the ones that use U.V. as the flash they are not seen by the eye and yield excellent night photos. Also inquire if it has any type of status lights the ones without are better since they do not show up in the woods.

Art